- Lowering Blood Pressure: The Medications and the Natural Treatments By : Bob Held
High blood pressure can be relieved with medications or naturally. How do they work.
- High Blood Pressure - Natural Treatment, Causes and Symptoms By : Nick Mutt
Factors that are generally responsible for high blood pressure are age, race, overweight, hereditary, intake of excess sodium, use of alcohol, lack of exercise and also due to intake of certain medications. Read this article to know more about high blood pressure.
- High Blood Pressure Symptoms, Causes and Effective Herbal Remedies By : Nick Mutt
High blood pressure is caused due to faulty lifestyle, excessive intake intoxicants and smoking. Read this article to find information on the causes, symptoms, natural treatments and remedies for hypertension or high blood pressure.
- How To Lower High Blood Pressure and Help Relieve Stress on Your GP By : Roseanna Leaton
If you break your leg and take pain killers so as to numb the sensations, would you still embark upon a five mile run? With high blood pressure, why take tablets to lower it but not change the way in which you live?
- The Blood Test That Can Save Your Life By : Michael Ozner, MD, FACC, FAHA
Although standard blood cholesterol tests (measuring total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, and triglycerides) have helped doctors to accurately assess heart disease risk in many patients, recent advances in medical science have demonstrated that conventional cholesterol testing provides only limited insight into the multiple factors that underlie cardiovascular disease. In fact, these tests identify only 40% of those at risk for coronary heart disease.
- Take Command of Your Blood Pressure By : Michael Ozner, MD, FACC, FAHA
Our blood pressure is the measure of the force of your blood against the artery walls, and it is described using two numbers: systolic and diastolic. Systolic pressure is the pressure exerted as your heart beats; diastolic pressure is the pressure exerted as your heart relaxes between beats. A normal blood pressure reading used to be less than 140/90 mmHg, with 120/80 mmHg as the ideal. But recent changes in the guidelines set normal as less than 120/80 mmHg.
- Mediterranean Diet: How Fruits and Vegetables Maintains Your Blood Pressure Low By : Emilia Klapp, R.D., B.S.
Because fruits and vegetables contain the right combination of sodium and potassium, they are the ideal food for maintaining your blood pressure at a healthy level
- What are the Causes of High Blood Pressure? By : Bob Held
Understanding what causes high blood pressure will help you to control it.
- Blood Pressure - Treatment and Cure for Blood Pressure By : Rachel Broune
Blood Pressure is a pressure of blood against the walls of a blood vessel or heart chamber. The measurement of the pressure or force inside the blood vessels (arteries) with each beat of the heart.
- Is MS Genetic ? By : Rob Parker
Learn more about where this disease can come from..
- High Blood Pressure in Kids By : Melissa Chow
It's disheartening that the incidence of high blood pressure in children is on the rise. This has occurred mainly in the last ten years and is mainly due to more and more children being overweight or obese.
- Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure By : Juliet Cohen
Blood pressure is the force in the arteries when the heart beats (systolic pressure) and when the heart is at rest (diastolic pressure). High blood pressure is a blood pressure reading of 140/90 mmHg or higher.
- Common Side Effects Of High Blood Pressure Medication By : Armughan
Some of the drugs listed below can affect certain functions of the body, resulting in bad side effects. However, drugs that lower blood pressure have proven effective over the years. The benefits of using them far outweigh the risk of side effects. Most people who’ve taken these drugs haven’t had any problems.
- How To Control High Blood Pressure Naturally By : Armughan
Blood pressure can be controlled by some natural measures. If you are in prehypertensive stage, it is better to control your blood pressure by natural means rather than taking antihypertensive drugs.
- Good Diet For High Blood Pressure And Hypertension By : Armughan
This article will furnish you comprehensive Dietary Advice For Prehypertensive and Hypertensive Blood Pressure Levels. Here you will find Diet Tips To Reduce Blood Pressure
- What Are Different Types of Blood Pressure Monitor By : Armughan
Are you looking for Blood Pressure Monitors? This article will give you comprehensive information about all types of blood pressure monitors including digital, wrist, ambulatory, automatic, wrist and finger blood pressure monitors
- How to measure your blood pressure By : PositiveArticles.Com
If you are looking to measure your own blood pressure, but would prefer not to use electronic devices, then instead you may purchase the mechanical type, which requires a stethoscope to read the column of mercury. Once you become adept at using the stethoscope, your readings will be more accurate than those of battery-operated devices. You only need to learn how to listen for the blood flow at two different pressures: The first one is a beat-beat-beat and the second a steady flow. Keep practi
- Smoking Risks and High Blood Pressure By : PositiveArticles.Com
When you play with fire, you get burned. When you smoke, you run the risk of getting burned inside and out. Whether tobacco is smoked, chewed, or taken in by any other means, the nicotine in the tobacco raises the blood pressure. The more you smoke, the higher the nicotine level is in your blood, and the higher your blood pressure. This accounts to a large extent for the great increase in brain attacks, heart attacks, and pain in the legs due to poor circulation in smokers, sometimes leading
- High Blood Pressure Information By : PositiveArticles.Com
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is not the same thing as heart disease, but it can make heart disease worse. By damaging its arteries and making the heart work too hard, hypertension can help trigger (or be a risk factor for) heart attacks.
- High Blood Pressure Diseases By : PositiveArticles.Com
Several diseases caused by high blood pressure.