- How To See God: The Spiritual Power Of Straight Line Meditation By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
The most powerful spiritual practice is not prayer, ritual or the study of scriptures. It is attention. This article explains why, and introduces Straight Line Meditation - a method that anchors attention, bringing highest fulfillment in everyone’s reach.
- How Meditation Works And Why It Will Surely Work For You By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
Meditation benefits are many and varied, but all share a common source: awareness. Explained here is how meditation restores awareness, and why it is sure to work for you.
- The Impossible Made Easy: How Feedback Tames The Restless Mind By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
A new way to meditate tames the restless mind. It uses visual feedback to anchor attention. See how the impossible has now been made easy.
- How To Break Through To Enlightenment By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
Meditation’s great challenge is breakthrough to enlightenment. If you’re eager for the challenge or simply want to upgrade your meditation practice, these guidelines for peak performance will help.
- Is There One Best Way To Meditate? By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
Hundreds of meditation methods exist. One has strategic advantage. A feedback method guarantees attention - the key to success. Here’s how it works.
- What Is The Best Way To Meditate? By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
Hundreds of methods exist. All share the same flaw: you can meditate with no increase in practice skill. You can even get worse over time. A feedback method solves the problem. Here’s the how to of the best way to meditate.
- How to Make Your Gurus Head Spin: Tell Him About Feedback By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
Mind’s uncontrolled wandering has plagued meditation for centuries. All the while a solution was right before our eyes - a solution so simple it makes your head spin. Explained here is the how to of meditation minus the wandering: the feedback meditation method.
- What Is Straight Line Meditation? By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
We know that a straight line is the shortest distance between two points. The same rule applies to meditation: a straight line is the shortest distance between you and your goal. Learn here how to meditate free of mind’s wandering: the straight line feedback method.
- What Is The “Light” Of Enlightenment? And How To Put It To Use! By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
The cause of “light” seen in deep meditation has not been understood until now. Know its source, and put it to use as “feedback,” and you gain free access to advanced meditation. Learn here how to “see the light.”
- Meditating In Circles? Try Straight Line Meditation By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
Think of meditation as a mountain climb. Your goal is the summit. The fastest route to your goal is a straight line, but meditation wanders. Introduced here is a feedback method that solves the problem: meditation that takes you straight to your goal.
- Walking Meditation - A New Kind By : Steve Gillman
A look at a new kind of walking meditation using brainwave entrainment recordings.
- Why The Best Meditation Requires Feedbacl By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
Meditation is a skill like any other. You can do it poorly or you can excel. Most who meditate fail to excel because meditation lacks feedback -- something necessary for skill learning. Here a research psychologist shows how to add feedback and upgrade your practice to the best meditation.
- Take a Deep Breath By : Steve Gillman
Taking an occasional deep breath is a great way to bring your meditation practice into everyday life.
- Which are the Best Meditation CDs? By : Steve Gillman
A look at the different types of meditation CDs and which are best for all-around use.
- Meditation CDs By : Steve Gillman
A look at how to use meditation CDs and recordings for various purposes.
- Meditation Meets Western Efficiency: How Visual Feedback Assures Success By : Carol E. McMahon, Ph.D.
The rule "practice makes perfect" doesn't apply to meditation practice. You can even get less effective over time. Research psychologist Carol McMahon explains the problem in terms of skill learning and offers a solution. Add feedback to meditation and practice skill develops quickly, progress accelerates, and success is assured.
- Why Meditation At Home? By : Kozen Huseyin
Recently I felt as though the rug was pulled from underneath me. I wondered what it was, and realized that I had not properly meditated for a couple of months. I see why people have so much chaos in there lives, and I hope that this article titled why meditation at home can help.
- Annoyed? Irritated? Don't Scratch That Itch! Meditate By : Willie Horton
I'm sure we all know people who are only itching for us to get involved in their little drama - making them feel more important. One of my clients calls these people "energy vampires" - if you let them, they'll suck you dry. Our daily lives are filled with potential irritations and annoyances - to the point that many people are now suffering from stress. But you're the master of your own mind - grab a hold of the controls!
- Three Easy Meditation Techniques By : Steve Gillman
Think meditation is too difficult? Try one of these three easy meditation techniques.
- Why Meditate - Three Reasons By : Steve Gillman
Why should you meditate? Here are three good reasons.
- Meditation CDs - How To Use Them By : Steve Gillman
How do you use meditation CDs? Here are a few ways you might try.
- A Simple Meditation For Beginners By : Steve Gillman
If you are intimidated by all the different ways to meditate, here is a simple meditation for beginners.
- Choosing The Best Meditation Music By : Steve Gillman
Looking for the best meditation music? Start with these guidelines.
- Coming Together In The Light By : Julie Redstone
Joining with others in the Light creates an energy which fosters individual healing and planetary transformation. It can help release the mind from its singular hold on the perception of reality.
- Meditation- a way to contemplation By : Dev Sri
Meditation an ancient practice is rooted in Vedic Hinduism. It is a state in which the mind dissolves and is free of thoughts.
Full fledged in Western culture, meditation is a common practice known to everyone. It includes a wide variety of spiritual practices that masters on the mental activity of a person. Most of them approach Meditation for achieving peace of mind.
- How To Meditate Anywhere You Like By :
Once you learn how to meditate, you can take that skill and use it anywhere you choose. This means that otherwise "dead" times can be transformed into meditation. Even when everyone around you is dashing around like madmen, such as on a busy subway journey or when you're motionless, stuck in a traffic jam.
Here are some ways you can use to meditate whenever and wherever you choose. Obviously you should only meditate where it is safe to do so. For instance, don't try these ...
- Transcendental Meditation (TM) By : ashu
In the late 1950s, an Indian monk named Maharishi Majesh Yogi began teaching a new form of meditation that could be easily practiced by busy, modern people around the world.
- How to Meditate By : Juliet Cohen
Meditation is the art of silencing the mind. When the mind is silent, concentration is increased and we experience inner peace in the midst of worldly turmoil. We can learn how to transform our mind from negative to positive, from disturbed to peaceful, from unhappy to happy.
- Meditation Techniques - Learn How To Perform Meditation By : Jitender Zaman
The health benefits of meditation can be great. Learn some simple meditation techniques and also learn a bit more about some of the more complex approaches.
- Meditation Explained By : Winsome Coutts
Why Meditate? For those who have never tried meditation, they may think it is some sort of new age mumbo jumbo, or consider it to be prayer or worship, but this is far from the truth. Meditation is now proven to be more than just a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling, it actually works. In fact, most of us meditate regularly during our lives, but don't even know that we are doing it.
- Make Time for You: Create a Stillness Ritual By : T. Dorsey
How do you find time to be still in this fast-paced world we live? How do you balance work and family and still find time for yourself? You can find this peace, balance and joy by creating a Stillness Ritual. In this article, you will be given easy-to-follow steps to creating space in your life for YOU.
- Your Future is Just 15 Degrees to the Left By : Ed McDonough
Can Law of Attraction really be utilized to create the future you want to live? The answer is yes, if you know where the future resides and how to properly direct the Law of Attraction to make it work for you.
- Meditation is a Quiet Revolution By : Jeanie Marshall
Are you part of the meditation movement that is quietly changing the world? Meditation is simple, but you must practice meditation if you want to have a meditation practice.
- When is the Best Time to Meditate for Greatest Benefits? By : Jeanie Marshall
People can mediate at all different times of the day. Some benefit more by meditating at certain times than at other times. This article encourages you to find the time that is right for you.
- Can 10 Million People be Wrong about Meditation? By : Ed McDonough
The evidence is clear why over 10 million people use meditation. It all boils down to one simple reason and more and more the scientific community is providing factual data to back it up.
- Meditation Advancements - The Natural Evolution of Mankind By : Ed McDonough
Thousands of years ago Buddha said: "Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance." As mankind begins to grasp the unlimited power of the mind it becomes more clear that using it in a creative and genius-like manner is our natural evolution.
- Spiritual Growth Through Meditation - 4 Simple Steps By : Janet Erickson
One aspect of meditation is to slow down your thoughts enough to "see" your thoughts. Being able to see your thoughts will give you the ability to change your life through the concept of the Law of Attraction.
- Meditation For The Weight Watcher By : Ed McDonough
We all know weight control can seem difficult and unattainable. But, with a little common sense and a realignment of your mental perspective, it's not impossible to achieve. As a matter of fact, it may be a lot easier than you think.
- Self Help Meditation - A New Way to a Better Life By : Ed McDonough
Self help is about individual improvement and about the manner in which you can improve yourself, your state of existence and your life. By learning to use your mind in a special more genius like way, you can begin to live a new and improved way of life with benefits far surpassing all your expectations.
- How To Improve Your Life With Easy Meditation Techniques By :
Nowadays, the easy meditation techniques can be considered almost essential, if wanting to relax and to detach from stress. We all tend to get caught up in tensioned environments, be it the case of professional or personal ones and forget how to spend quality time and how to basically rediscover ourselves and enjoy our lives.
This happens simply because the world is evolving around dynamism and we all want to keep up with our times. But sadly, all this can cause a lot of ...
- Guided Meditation For A Better Life By : Ed McDonough
Would you like to have a better life? Who wouldn't? Better health, greater wealth and consistent happiness are closer to you than you think. Through the power of guided meditation, anyone can change their life for the better. Learn how you can begin to benefit from this simple practice.
- Quieting the Mind and Being Present By : Gina Lake
How to quiet the mind so that you can experience the happiness, joy, and
contentment of your divine Self. The mind keeps us at a distance from real experience in the present moment and, instead, substitutes thoughts about experience. It distances us from the present moment, where life is rich and alive. We can learn to be more present to the moment by just noticing what is going on.
- Benefits Of Meditation For Individuals And For Society As A Whole By :
How is Meditation Used Today?
People from all walks of life, in all the countries of the world belonging to all the possible religions, meditate for a wide variety of reasons. The same technique offers something different to each according to his needs and motives. Some of the motives for which people meditate today are:
1. To relax the body, mind and rejuvenate one’s flow of energy in order to more effectively face the responsibilities of one’s demanding and active lif...
- A beginner's guide to meditation By : Craig Burton
Meditation is one of the most powerful tools for transformation. Unfortunately for many conventional people it is a "bit too out there," so it is put in a box only to be used by the likes of martial artists and yogis. I believe meditation however need not be put in a box for the few but is a tool we all inherently know but just have forgotten how to use it in daily life.
- A Nature Meditation By :
You are sitting by a quietly flowing stream in the countryside. It is spring and life is green and moist? Sitting on a rock, the sights and sounds of the flowing water begin to work their mysterious way into your nervous system.
Gradually, with the simple repetition of the water’s song and the harmonious beauty of the natural surroundings, the thousands of electronic impulses of your brain begin to discharge into the tension-absorbing air.
All of the concerns, problem...
- My 14 Vows of Success By : wisdomisgreat
Dear Lord, thank you that today you wake-up my mind from a depth sleep. Thank you for reminding me that today is the preparation of my future success. Thank you for helping me to realize that life is full of hardships, pains, sorrows, and trials. Then, the only way to beat these odds is to face and take it as a challenge of life and so just continue on improving myself. Therefore, beginning today dear Lord, I will not waste my time for idleness, laziness, cowardness, and timidity instead I will use it as an opportunity for the improvement of my being.
- Using Meditation to Manage Relief By : ashu
Meditation is an ancient healing form that promotes relaxation as well as stress and pain management. It may help your headaches and you can try various forms, with the aim being to spend time on yourself.
- Use Daily Alpha Meditation to Heighten Your Creativity By : Richard Weber
The alpha brainwave state is when a person is most creative, and this is right around 8-11hz. By relaxing for 10-30 minutes per day and listening to music with alpha binaural beats, a person can increase their creativity and intuition and reduce stress.
- How Meditation Can Improve Your Well Being By : Janice H.
Meditation can be defined as any activity that keeps the attention pleasantly anchored in the present moment. When our mind is calm and focused in the present, it is neither reacting to memories from the past nor being preoccupied with plans for the future. Until you practice meditation, you will never realise the tremendous benefits it brings to your life.
- Try This Chakra Meditation By : Trevor Dumbleton
Chakra meditation helps to strengthen weak chakras and will benefit your health, wisdom and happiness.
If you need to recharge your body, mind and soul then using chakra meditation is an excellent way to revitalize you from the inside out.
How to perform a chakra meditation
The first few times you practice a chakra meditation, make sure that you have an expert to guide you. Ideally face to face, but at least with a guided CD. You need to make sure that your chakras a...